Technical specie specifications for White Oak from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
White Oak Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: White Oak Flooring is also known as...Quercus spp, Arizona oak, Stave oak, white oak, Swamp white oak, Brewer oak, Garry oak, Oregon oak, California white oak, Valley oak, Valley white oak,
- Description: White Oak flooring is currently THE most popular flooring species. White Oak hardwood flooring is full of light tones that give a crisp, clean feel. It has long been a versatile standard in homes across the U.S. because of its universally complementary combination of deep grayish-brown heartwood and pale white tones. White Oak hardwood flooring also carries with it the feeling of tradition. White Oak hardwood flooring is known for its durability, strength, and resistance to wear, serving as planking for boats and even mine timbers. The amazing decorative flexibility of White Oak hardwood makes it an outstanding floor for all settings and occasions. Our White Oak hardwood flooring comes in a variety of colors and stains to suit any decor.White Oak flooring is available in prefinished and unfinished solid or engineered formats. Additionally, our FSC certified engineered White Oak floors feature enhanced dimensional stability over standard solid white oak floors.
- Janka Hardness: 1,360 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 15,200 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 1,780 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 900
- Tangential Shrinkage: 7.2 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 4.2 %
- About: White Oak hardwood flooring is one of the most versatile and popular choices on the market with a wide range of sizes, colors, and surface treatments to choose from. Fantastic Floor offers White Oak hardwood flooring from 3/8" to 7/8" thick, 2 1/4" to 11 1/2" wide, and random length from 1' to 10'. White Oak hardwood flooring is available prefinished and unfinished in both solid and engineered flooring formats. White oak hardwood flooring can be used for a casual, formal, or contemporary look. Many of our engineered products are FSC certified.
- Family: Fagaceae
- Tree Characteristics: White Oak can reach a height of 125 feet with a large diameter.
- Geographic Area: White Oak trees can be found throughout the United States.
- Color: Heartwood is light brown; some White Oak boards may have a pinkish tint or a slight grayish cast. Sapwood is white to cream.
- Photosensitivity: White Oak hardwood flooring is nearly unaffected by light exposure.
- Luster: Raw White Oak lumber has a low luster while White Oak hardwood flooring can be found with finishes that range from a low matte to high gloss.
- Grain: Open, with longer rays than red oak. Occasional crotches, swirls and burls. Plainsawn boards have a plumed or flared grain appearance; riftsawn has a tighter grain pattern, low figuring; quartersawn has a flake pattern, sometimes called tiger rays or butt.
- Texture: White Oak lumber has a coarse texture but White Oak flooring can be finished in a number of ways to provide a choice of flooring surface ranging from smooth to wirebrushed to handscraped, or a combination thereof.
- Drying Characteristics: White Oak experiences moderate movement as raw lumber. It is best to acclimate engineered White Oak flooring for 1 week and solid White Oak flooring for 2 weeks prior to installation.
- Working Characteristics: White Oak hardwood flooring is rated as easy to work, gluing and holding fasteners exceptionally well. It is important to keep relative humidity levels in the home between 35% and 50% when istalling hardwood floors; this includes White Oak hardwood flooring.
- Durability Rating: White Oak hardwood flooring is rated as very resistant to heartwood decay. White Oak flooring is ideal for most environments including households with kids and pets.
- Applications: Prefinished Hardwood flooring, Engineered Hardwood flooring, Ships, railroad crossties, timber bridges, tannin dyes, fuel wood, hardwood dimensions and flooring, furniture, veneer, plywood, barrels, kegs, casks, truck and trailer beds, mining timbers, containers, pallets, caskets, boxes, paneling. Please note, unfinished White Oak Flooring is sold in open, strapped bundles and not sold in boxes. Prefinished Solid White Oak flooring and prefinished Engineered White Oak flooring are sold in boxes. White Oak flooring must be purchased in full bundles or boxes. Box and bundle sizes may vary.
Other Fantastic Species of Wood