Technical specie specifications for White Oak from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
White Oak Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Quercus spp, Arizona oak, Stave oak, white oak, Swamp white oak, Brewer oak, Garry oak, Oregon oak, California white oak, Valley oak, Valley white oak,
- Description: White Oak flooring is full of light tones that give a crisp, clean feel. It has long been a versatile standard in homes across the U.S. because of its universally complementary combination of deep grayish-brown heartwood and pale white tones. It also carries with it the feeling of tradition. White Oak hardwood flooring is also known for its durability, strength, and resistance to wear, serving as planking for boats and even mine timbers. The amazing decorative flexibility of White Oak hardwood makes it an outstanding floor for all settings and occasions. Our White Oak comes in a variety of colors and stains to suit any decor. Additionally, our FSC certified engineered White Oak floors feature enhanced dimensional stability over standard solid white oak floors.
- Janka Hardness: 1,360 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 15,200 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 1,780 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 900
- Tangential Shrinkage: 7.2 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 4.2 %
- About: Our White Oak is available exclusively in the engineered format. The boards are 1/2" thick with 3-5" widths available with 1-4' random lengths. Many of our engineered products are FSC certified.
- Family: Fagaceae
- Tree Characteristics: White Oak can reach a height of 125 feet with a large diameter.
- Geographic Area: Throughout the United States.
- Color: Light to dark brown with light brown sapwood.
- Photosensitivity: White Oak is nearly unaffected by light exposure.
- Luster: Low luster
- Grain: Straight grained
- Texture: Coarse
- Drying Characteristics: Moderate movement
- Working Characteristics: Rated as easy to work, gluing and holding fasteners exceptionally well. It can split when nailed unless predrilled. It is rated as finishing well, but shrinks considerably.
- Durability Rating: Rated as very resistant to heartwood decay
- Applications: Ships, railroad crossties, timber bridges, tannin dyes, fuel wood, hardwood dimensions and flooring, furniture, veneer, plywood, barrels, kegs, casks, truck and trailer beds, mining timbers, containers, pallets, caskets, boxes, paneling, flooring.
Other Fantastic Species of Wood