Technical specie specifications for White Mahogany from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
White Mahogany Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Brosnimum uleanum, Congona, Caoba blanca, manchinga (Peru), arbol de leche (Bolivia), amapa (Brazil), guaimaro, guayaero, manta, mare, mondongo, pasita, sande (Columbia), tillo (Ecuador), barimiso, charo amarillo, charo, guaimaro (Venezuela).
- Janka Hardness: 1,520 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 11,155 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 1,663 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 680
- Tangential Shrinkage: 8.1 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 5.0 %
- Family: Moraceae
- Tree Characteristics: Tree grows up to 130 ft tall and 5 ft in diameter.
- Geographic Area: Southern Mexico, through Central America, into the Peruvian Amazon
- Color: The sapwood is a pale yellow, while the heartwood is a slightly darker yellowish brown.
- Luster: low
- Grain: straight to lightly interlocked
- Texture: medium to fine
- Drying Characteristics: requires a slow drying process
- Working Characteristics: Good workability
- Durability Rating: Medium durability
- Applications: high end furniture, flooring, decoration of interiors, doors, windows, moldings, decorative veneers
Other Fantastic Species of Wood