Technical specie specifications for Tiete Rosewood from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
Tiete Rosewood Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Sirari, Patagonian Cherry, Ormosia Coarctata, Guibourtia Chodatiana
- Description: Tiete Rosewood flooring is an exquisite example of the beautiful hardwoods hailing from South America. Starting out as soft pink tinged with russet during its youth, a Tiete Rosewood floor reddens slightly with age, creating rich and contrasting tones. Tiete Rosewood is also a very durable hardwood with a Janka rating of 3,280. With their combination of vibrant and soothing colors, Tiete Rosewood floors are particularly beautiful when accompanied by black furniture and other decorative elements. Because of its distinctive pink tones, this wood is often sought out by interior designers and manufacturers of specialty items. Using Tiete Rosewood hardwood flooring for your home or business is a great way to convey a distinctive personal style.
- Janka Hardness: 3,280 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 15,830 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 2,030 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 950
- Tangential Shrinkage: 7.0 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 4.0 %
- About: Our Tiete Rosewood hardwood flooring is available in unfinished and prefinished formats. Both formats feature 3/4" thick boards. Prefinished Tiete Rosewood is available from 3" to 4" wide, with boards of random lengths from 1' - 7', while unfinished is available in a 3" width with random lengths from 1' - 3'. Unfinished is available in clear grade, prefinished in Select and Better grade.
- Family: Fabaceae, Leguminosae
- Tree Characteristics:
- Geographic Area:
- Color: Salmon colored heartwood with occasional dark striping
- Photosensitivity: Tiete Rosewood coloration will change with light exposure, with its pinks and reds darkening slightly and reaching their final shades 3 months after installation.
- Texture: Fine
- Drying Characteristics:
- Working Characteristics: Glues and finishes well.
- Durability Rating:
Other Fantastic Species of Wood