Technical specie specifications for Sucupira from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
Sucupira Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Bowdichia spp, Tiete Chestnut, Alcornoque, Sapupira,
- Description: Sucupira flooring, also known as Tiete Chestnut, is a great combination of the exotic and the practical. It is a stunning wood that can easily stand up to a large amount of foot traffic. Sucupira hardwood has rich red-brown, chocolate-brown, or light brown heartwood with yellowish or whitish tones and high luster. Sucupira wood possesses a medium to coarse texture with an interlocked grain. With its dark warming tones, a nearby fireplace would be the perfect accompaniment for a Sucupira floor. With its rich tones and great durability, Sucupira floors are becoming a popular flooring choice for a variety of venues.
- Janka Hardness: 2,700 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 25,100 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 2,600 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 960
- Tangential Shrinkage: 7.0 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 4.6 %
- Family: Leguminosae
- Tree Characteristics: The Sucupira tree can grow up to 150 feet high and reach a diameter of 4 feet.
- Geographic Area: Lower Amazon region, Venezuela, the Guianas, Brazil
- Color: Deep brown to reddish brown heartwood with striping, white sapwood.
- Photosensitivity: Mostly unaffected by exposure to light.
- Luster: Low
- Grain: Irregular and interlocked
- Texture: Coarse with harsh feel
- Drying Characteristics: Rated as easy to season with small tendency to warp or check.
- Working Characteristics: Rated as difficult to work. Finishes smoothly and glues well.
- Durability Rating: Heartwood rated as very durable.
- Applications: Flooring, railway ties, heavy construction.
Other Fantastic Species of Wood