Technical specie specifications for Laminate from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
Laminate Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Brands: Luxury Laminate, Alloc, Nature Flooring, Armstrong, Columbia, Kronotex, Lamett, Mannington, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step, Quickstyle, Stepco, Wilsonart
- Description: Laminate flooring is one of the latest trends in the residential flooring industry. Because of it excellent price point and superb durability, laminate flooring has become one of the hottest consumer products in the house and home market. Laminate flooring is an ultra-durable product that looks like a real wood or stone floor. But it's less costly and generally easier to install.
- Janka Hardness: 2,000 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 12,000 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 800 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 1,200
- Tangential Shrinkage: 0.0 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 0.0 %
- About: Laminate flooring is made of various layers that are fused together. The top layer and bottom layer is cellulose paper that's been saturated with melamine plastic resins that make the floor scratch-resistant. The design layer is below the upper melamine layer, so it can't be marked, scuffed or even fade. The core layer is made from compressed wood fibers like particle board. Laminate has 5 grades: AC1 is suitable for lighter, more infrequent traffic, e.g. a bedroom. AC2 is suitable for general residential use in living rooms and dining rooms. AC3 can be applied to more varied locations, such as small offices and other light commercial location
AC4 can be installed in higher traffic commercial areas such as boutiques, busier offices, and restaurant. AC5 is more durable still and can withstand the traffic of heavier commercial areas such as department stores and public buildings.
- Family: Man Made
- Tree Characteristics: N.A.
- Geographic Area: Laminate flooring is sourced worldwide.
- Color: N.A.
- Photosensitivity: Laminate flooring is not sensitive to light exposure.
- Luster: Laminate flooring can be made with a matte to a glossy sheen.
- Grain: Laminate flooring can be created to simulate natural grain patterns such as various wood species and stone but does not have a grain of its own.
- Texture: Laminate flooring can be created to simulate natural texture patterns of natural materials such as wood or stone.
- Drying Characteristics: N.A.
- Working Characteristics: Laminate flooring cuts easily with standard saws and knives.
- Durability Rating: Laminate flooring is naturally durable which is one of the qualities most appealing to purchasers.
- Applications: Low cost flooring. Simulated wood and stone. Please note, Laminate flooring is sold in boxes and may be purchased in full boxes only.
Other Fantastic Species of Wood