Technical specie specifications for Moabi / Guajara from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
Moabi, Guajara Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Baillonella toxisperma, African Pearwood, Njabi, Adza, Dimpampi, Brazilian Cherry Light, Moabi, Guajara
- Description: Brazilian Kempas, also known as Guajara, is a fantastic wood all around: Incredibly stable, gorgeous, and durable. The shades of the wood range from light yellow to russet and onto reddish brown. This vast array of complimentary and compatible tones make it very distinctive and yet easy to match up with a variety of decors. With durability 33% in excess of stout Red Oak, this South American exotic has it all.
- Janka Hardness: 2,100 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 25,300 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 2,200 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 820
- Tangential Shrinkage: 7.5 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 5.9 %
- Tree Characteristics:
- Geographic Area:
- Drying Characteristics:
- Working Characteristics:
- Durability Rating:
Other Fantastic Species of Wood