Technical specie specifications for Brazilian Hickory from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
Brazilian Hickory Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Guajuvira, Brazilian Pecan, Macchiato Pecan
- Description: Guajuvira is a very durable, hard and resilient wood species (Patagonula americana) with a distinctive contrast of dark and light coloration that makes the perfect choice whether for a rustic look or high end contemporary. Native to Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay, Guajuvira's coloring consists of white to brown hues in the sapwood and many shades of dark browns and almost black hues in the heartwood. Its grain is a mix of irregular patterns and straight grain and finishes with a satin smooth luster. The wood is moderately photosensitive, will patina slightly as it ages.
- Janka Hardness: 3,540 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 26,500 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 2,550 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 790
- Tangential Shrinkage: 6.5 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 2.8 %
- Family: Boraginaceae
- Tree Characteristics: Deciduous; serrated leaves with white flowers
- Geographic Area: Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, Argentina and Uruguay
- Color: Heartwood has many shades of dark browns and almost black hues. Sapwood consists of white to brown hues.
- Photosensitivity: Minimal
- Luster: Smooth and somewhat glossy
- Grain: Fairly straight with an irregular pattern
- Texture: Fine
- Drying Characteristics: Moderate to difficult
- Working Characteristics: Average
- Durability Rating: Excellent
- Applications: Flooring, Luxury Furniture, Doors, Windows and Tool Handles
Other Fantastic Species of Wood