Technical specie specifications for Bacana / Copaiba from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
Bacana, Copaiba Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Copaifera spp, Copaiba, Copaibeira
- Description: Bacana flooring features a great tonal assortment of rich reddish-browns in the heartwood with dark stripes. Bacana hardwood gorgeously combines distinctive patterning with its light to medium brown reds to create a simultaneously attention-grabbing yet calming feel, making it perfect as a complimentary decorative accent or a centerpiece in itself. The rich, golden luster of Bacana floors along with a Janka hardness rating comporable to Red Oak make them a good choice for durability and apperance. We offer a Bacana floor with a variety of stains including: cayenne, honey, or chestnut.
- Janka Hardness: 1,420 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 16,770 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 1,750 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 500
- Tangential Shrinkage: 8.2 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 4.1 %
- About: Our Bacana hardwood flooring is available exclusively in the engineered format. The boards are 3/8" thick, 3" wide or 5" wide, and 4' long.
- Family: Leguminosae
- Tree Characteristics: The Bacana tree can reach a height of approximately 100 feet and a diameter of 4 feet.
- Geographic Area: Panama, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil
- Color: Reddish-brown heartwood with streaks, white to pinkish-grey sapwood.
- Photosensitivity: Bacana is photosensitive and will daken slightly over time.
- Luster: Silky and golden
- Grain: Straight
- Texture: Medium
- Drying Characteristics: Slow to moderate.
- Working Characteristics: Rated as easy to work and finish
- Durability Rating: Rated as highly durable
- Applications: Furniture, flooring, carpentry, general construction, interior trim
Other Fantastic Species of Wood