Technical specie specifications for Amendoim from Fantastic Floor - Discount Exotic and Domestic Hardwood Flooring, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring.
Amendoim Hardwood Flooring
- Scientific Name, Other Names: Pterogyne nitens, Ybyraro, Guiaro, Ibiraro, Pau Fava, Viraro
- Description: With its lustrous appearance, Amendoim flooring has a rich, deep collection of reddish-brown and tan hues that draw the eye in and keep it there. Amendoim wood's yellow-brown tones combine with the wood's luster and wavy grain to create its inherent visual warmth.
- Janka Hardness: 1,912 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 15,780 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 1,771 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 800
- Tangential Shrinkage: 6.0 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 3.4 %
- About: Amendoim boasts stability greater than most hardwoods and has an aversion to decay when not chemically treated. Its bending strength is also very high, making it a good choice where stress can be put onto the boards. Fantastic Floor offers Amendoim hardwood flooring from 1/2" to 3/4" thick, 3" to 5" wide, and up to 7' in length. Amendoim hardwood flooring is available prefinished and unfinished in both solid and engineered formats.
- Family: Leguminosae
- Tree Characteristics: The Amendoim tree can grow to over 100 feet with widths reaching a maximum of 4 feet.
- Geographic Area: Amendoim trees can be found in Brazil, Paraguay, and Argentina.
- Color: Amendoim has reddish-brown heartwood with dark striping; Amenoim's sapwood is yellowish-brown.
- Photosensitivity: Amendoim exhibits a medium degree of color change as this wood will mute and become more uniform, turning darker tan-brown with reddish highlights over time.
- Luster: Raw Amendoim lumber has a medium to high natural luster. Amendoim hardwood flooring is typically finished to a Satin or Semi-gloss sheen.
- Grain: Amendoim hardwood has swirling grains with small burl figures.
- Texture: Amendoim lumber has a medium texture. Amendoim hardwood flooring is typically finished to yield a smooth surface.
- Drying Characteristics: Amendoim holds its place well after it's manufactured. It is best to acclimate engineered Amendoim flooring for 1 week and solid Amendoim flooring for 2 weeks prior to installation.
- Working Characteristics: Amendoim hardwood is rated as easy to work with and finishes smoothly. It is important to keep relative humidity levels in the home between 35% and 50% before, during, and after installing Amendoim hardwood flooring.
- Durability Rating: Amendoim hardwood demonstrates an average level of stability, similar to Red Oak.
- Applications: Amendoim Hardwood Flooring, turnery, cabinets, fine furniture. Please note, unfinished Amendoim flooring is sold in open, strapped bundles and not sold in boxes. Prefinished solid Amendoim flooring and prefinished engineered Amendoim flooring are sold in boxes. Amendoim hardwood flooring must be purchased in full bundles or boxes.
Other Fantastic Species of Wood